Sunday, February 8, 2009

My weekend 7th-8th February 2009

Saturday














On Saturday morning, I woke up and I went to my young cousin's house because he had his birthday party. I was bored and didn't know what to do because there were only small kids there. I asked my older cousin if there was anything I could help him with for the party and told me they needed lemons to make lemonade, so I climbed on the lemon tree and cut off some lemons!











My young brother, Athos, helped me put the lemons in the bucket, by holding it up. When I was finally finished, we took the lemons I gathered to the kitchen. My aunt put them in the lemon squeezer to get the lemon juice out and make lemonade.












Later, my older cousin and I, both did some gardening for his house. Their bush needed to be cleared because it was growing wild and so my couisin and I started cutting them. It was the first time I did something like this, and I realized that being a gardener is actually a harder job than it seems! Even though it was tiring, I was really excited to cut the leaves off the bush!














After doing the gardening, the next job on the list was to fix some broken windows on the house. My cousin and I both carried ladders and put them on the wall so that we could climb and fix them. I was really scared because I am afraid of heights, but I did it and I saw that it wasn't that scary after all.











The last job we had to do was to dig the trees of their garden and also to shave their grass. I really enjoyed shaving it, even though I destroyed half of their flowers! After a lot of hard work and dedication, we were finally over and we could enjoy the rest of the day eating cakes and pizza from my young cousin's party inside the house.















Finally, it was time for my young cousin to blow the candles. We all gathered around him and started singing happy birthday to him. It was really strange being the tallest amongst all of them! After I finished singing, I started to eat pizza and cake because I was exhausted from all the work.












After all that ''fun'', I finally went home. I needed something to relax and so I decided I was going to play some guitar so that I could practice for next day's concert as well. I sat on my bed, plugged my guitar on my marshall amp and sarted playing my solos and riffs! It was really nice because every time I play the guitar I escape from my mother's screaming and shouting and I totally relax.





Sunday








The next day at 2:30 was the concert. I got quite nervous before going to the concert. I played my guitar for last time on the morning before I went, I dressed up and I went. Me and Mr. Kostas, my teacher, brought our amplifiers and we put them on stage. Everything was ready to begin and so I took my place and waited for Mr. Kostas to start playing.








I played a couple of songs and I was driving everyone crazy with my solos! I didn't expect to play like that, beacause when I started playing I was relieved from all the stress that I was feeling before. I really enjoyed playing and I think the audience enjoyed listening to me too!
It was such a special weekend doing extraordinary things, but I really had fun!

No comments: